facebooksm.png
Advertering in hierdie Spasie
m_vetplante_en_skoolgebou_4_017.jpg

Ondersteun Templeton deur u Besigheid te adverteer vir slegs R 300-00 per jaar.  Kontak Petrus Mellet by die skool vir meer inligting.

Bedford’s History


The origin of Bedford:
Andries Stockenström, the senior magistrate of Graaff-Reinet, was killed in one of the early struggles with the Xhosas who attacked the farmers and stole their cattle.  Lieut. Andries Stockenström, his son, succeeded him and was given the right to choose a farm at the Eastern frontier.  He selected a 4 500 morgan farm at the foot of the Kaga Mountains and called it Maasström named it after his wife (maiden name Maasdorp) and himself.  In 1853 he decided to sell one third of his farm for a township.  He named the town after his friend, Lord Russel, the Duke of Bedford. Bedford was founded in 1854. In 1856 the Free Church was founded and the first priest was Rev. Edward Soloman.  It was under the leadership of Rev. Soloman that the first public school was founded 10 years later. (Enslin, 1965)

Contact Details

Tel: 0466850151

Fax: 0466850151

templeton@bosberg.co.za

EMail Us

Advertising in this space
m_vetplante_en_skoolgebou_3_017.jpg

Support Templeton High School by advertising your business for only R300-00 per annum. Contact Petrus Mellet at the school for more details.

 

bedford eastern cape - history

website design, search engine optimisation by ZAWebs Designs ZA Webs
web hosting by ZAWebs Hosting ZA Web Hosting